The talks highlighted the role of passive architecture, use of solar and renewable resources, water conservation, waste management, green mobility solutions and clean indoor air across Candor Techspace campuses and the initiatives taken by individual corporate occupiers for reducing carbon footprint. Brookfield Properties hosted a special campaign on creating a green built environment and workspaces 'Sustainability Talks,'. The dialogue brought forth several initiatives and ideas on sustainable practices adopted by Brookfield Properties and its corporate occupiers at Candor TechSpace. Some of the best practices shared included:
- Marsh & McLennan Companies Inc’s. upgrade of its lighting systems to LED, across more than 320,000 square feet, saving over 38% (178,000 kWh) in energy.
- RBS has set ambitious new goals to continue its decarbonisation, aiming to be climate positive by 2025 for its own operations through a combination of emissions reductions and carbon offsetting. RBS India office has completely replaced single use plastic from its office, with biodegradable options.
- Sopra Steria, an occupier of Candor TechSpace, has replaced 90% of diesel cars used for employee commuting with CNG cabs, which resulted in a significant reduction of GHG emissions.
- Similarly, Fidelity Investment Limited has managed to save 1181 tonnes of carbon footprint and 1003 trees.
- SE2 occupier of Candor TechSpace Sec48, Gurugram, has taken initiatives to reduce water consumption by installing aerators in washrooms and hand washing areas and introducing electric vehicle transport.
- Wipro Ltd. has partnered with non-profit organisation like Uthaan for plantation of hundreds of trees.
- Candor TechSpace has converted its conventional watering systems and green belts into drip irrigation, resulting in a 50% reduction in water usage for horticultural purposes. Along with Sewerage Treatment Plant to reuse and recycle water, 3,780-kiloliters of water per day is saved. With 1.19 MWp of installed capacity, the company is also one of the largest amongst IT ITS SEZ when it comes to rooftop solar power.